One time a year we bring a special offering. As individuals, couples, and families, we come together to bring a gift that will outlast us and leave a legacy for future generations. We can do more together than we can individually. This is our opportunity to make a huge impact here in Spokane and throughout the world.
Already we have accomplished a lot in 2016 together. Here are some of the highlights:
- 272 people made decisions for Christ in our Sunday services alone.
- We added a second service and our average attendance on Sunday mornings has grown to over 300 people.
- 37 people have been baptized.
- More than 146 people currently attend one of our 24 small groups (not including our Sun City Kids).
- 166 people are currently serving on the Dream Team.
- Our involvement with local ministries that serve the needy continues to increase with efforts such as Serve Day and our outreach small groups.
- We supplied more than 300 backpacks and sets of school supplies to our local school districts.
- Through our Gifts of Hope campaign, we are providing more than 25 children with gifts to celebrate the holidays, which might not have been possible without your generosity.
- Through ARC (our church planting network) we were able to play a part in planting 79 new life giving churches around the world. We expect this number to grow in 2017.
- Our connection to our overseas missionaries Brent and Virginia Earwicker is growing stronger as we were able to host them this summer and plan a missions trip to Uganda in June of 2017.
Even though we’ve accomplished so much this year, God has stirred us with vision for the days to come. It is with a spirit of faith and anticipation that we invite you to pray about how you can be involved in our Legacy offering.
This offering will allow us to make a huge impact in the following strategic opportunities:
- Locally – There are ministry partners that need support as they minister to the needy in Spokane. Specifically, we’ve decided to sponsor a room at the new Union Gospel Mission Crisis Shelter for women and children. This is a very special opportunity for us and we believe that it rests close to the heart of God.
- Nationally – We want to continue to invest in planting more churches through ARC. We are convinced that there is no greater investment than planting a life-giving local church that has a heart to give to missions and will in turn invest in planting other churches.
- Internationally – Through our partnership with Bold Ventures (led by Brent & Virginia Earwicker), we are investing in the recruitment, training and sending of indigenous church planters to reach people groups that are currently unreached with the gospel. God calls us to “go into all the world” and this is a way that we can all respond to that call.
- Sun City Church – We believe that God is leading us to begin saving and preparing for a church campus in Spokane. There are new levels of ministry effectiveness that we can accomplish once we are able to find a permanent location for our church to meet.
You can give online through www.suncitychurch.com/give , by mailing a donation to PO Box 14691, Spokane Valley, WA 99214, or by giving in person at either our 9:15 or 11am service on December 18th.
Here is a look at some of the ministry partners that our Legacy offering will be impacting:
Union Gospel Mission- serving the homeless in Spokane, Washington
ARC- planting churches across our nation
Bold Ventures- planting churches among unreached people groups in Africa
Thank you for being part of what God is doing in and through Sun City Church and these amazing ministries!