Sometimes a small act of kindness changes everything. Especially during the holiday season when so many are walking through struggles, loss or pain. We can be a reminder that God sees and cares about each life.
Ann Voskamp writes, “There are people Giving It Forward Today, and don’t think that every gift of grace, every acts of kindness, isn’t a quake in a heart that moves another heart to give, that moves another heart to give, that grows into an avalanche of grace. Don’t say this isn’t what a brokenhearted world desperately needs, don’t say it isn’t how to change a broken world. What if the truth is that every tremor of kindness here erupts in a miracle elsewhere in the world?”
This is the idea behind our Acts of Kindness cards. We want to be intentional with our generosity in this season and help connect people to the love of God. Every Act of Kindness card has an invitation to join us at Sun City Church on the back.
IDEAS FOR ACTS OF KINDNESS
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Bring fresh flowers to someone.
- Offer to babysit for free.
- Shovel snow from someone’s driveway for free.
- Pay for someone’s coffee behind you in the drive-through.
- Pay for someone’s fast food meal behind you in the drive-through.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Give baked goods or a small gift to the postman or delivery person.
- Leave a big tip for your server at a restaurant.
- Pay for someone’s movie that is behind you in line.
- Help someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Pay for someone’s meal or dessert at a restaurant.
- Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Take a box of doughnuts to a school, office, etc.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
You can pick up Acts of Kindness cards at the Welcome Center or each of the doors on Sunday morning. We would love to hear about your Act of Kindness stories. Share them with us at Jamie@suncitychurch.com